It appears that we have now moved on from the Russian connection with the Wikileaks dump of DNC emails, to the science fiction that the Russians actually tampered with vote totals in order to give Trump the win. In a recent poll, 55% of Democrats believed that to be either definitely or probably true.
The sheer stupidity of this is that it would be literally impossible for the Russians to accomplish this. The reason? The scope of this country's massive voting system and all of the variables in the types of balloting would make it impossible for Russians to infiltrate our vote tallying.
First, 70% of all ballots cast are still paper ballots that are either hand tallied or optically scanned. Secondly, the remaining 30% are voting machines of all kinds with different manufacturing years. Additionally, very few ballots are the same because of mayoral candidates, state and local representation, judge-ships, federal representation, school board members, ballot initiatives, sheriffs and police chiefs (where applicable), and the list goes on and on. And..let's not forget those dog catchers!
With none of the voting machines or scanners attached to the internet, the Russians would literally have to have had an army of saboteurs "rigging" each individual optical scanner or voting machine at each of the more than 9,000 polling places in this country. Breaking the security seals in the process. Of course, to do so, they would also have to have an intimate knowledge of how each optical scanner and voting machine is programmed and what software version t was running.
It appears that Democrat politicians and pundits have done a job on their political base, convincing them that the Russians were capable of doing more than even the Russians think they are capable of. So much for an enlightened electorate.
Poll: 55% of Democrats think it’s probably or definitely true that Russia tampered with vote totals to get Trump elected: http://hotair.com/archives/2017/05/23/poll-55-democrats-think-probably-definitely-true-russia-tampered-vote-totals-get-trump-elected/
Alternative Reality: 55 Percent of Democrats Think Russia Manipulated Vote Totals to Help Trump Win: https://heatst.com/politics/fake-news-55-percent-of-democrats-think-russia-manipulated-vote-totals-to-help-trump-win/
Time.com: It's Almost Impossible for the Russians to Hack the U.S. Election. Here's Why: http://time.com/4500216/election-voting-machines-hackers-security/