Thursday, August 9, 2012

An Important Message In The 'Romney Killed My Wife' Campaign Ad

Every time I see that Priorities USA ad that implies that Romney was responsible for Joe Soptic's wife dying of cancer, I seethe with anger because I know exactly how dishonest it is.

At the same time, I am legitimately saddened by the fact that Joe Soptic's wife had to have died from such a horrible form of cancer.  Lung Cancer.  What's even more saddening is the that fact almost 90% of lung cancer cases can be traced back to either first-hand or second-hand smoking by an individual, a spouse, or a family member.  If, in fact, Joe's wife died because she or he had smoked, there's a message there.  Joe Soptic should take some responsibility and tell the true story of why his wife died.  The story is that smoking kills.  Often, too early in life.  That's the kind of ad Joe Soptic should be running.  An ad that, just maybe, could save some lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember the thousands of people that lost their jobs and health care when hundreds of auto dealerships had to close after Odumbo's auto bailout? Wonder how many people died because of that?

"I voted for Obama to prove I was not a racist. Now I wonder who I can vote for to prove I am not an idiot."...unknown

"To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist Professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets."...Marxist Obamba

"When classmates in college asked me just what a community organizer did, I couldn't answer them directly. Instead ,I'd pronounce the need for change."...Obamba

"I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped,and booze;maybe a little blow when you could afford it."...Obamba

- Lowest consecutive GDP quarters than anytime in our history
- Unemployment has nearly doubled
- More workers fall out of the labor force than anytime in our history
- Minority unemployment is highest in 30+ years
- Young worker unemployment highest since tracked in the 1950's
- Unemployment over 8% for 41 months, never has happened in our history
- 38% increase in Americans living at or below poverty, more than anytime in our history
- 36% increase in homelessness
- 13% more Americans WITHOUT healthcare today than 4 years ago
- 50% increase in debt
- 4.5x more people on foodstamps
- 3x more people on welfare than anytime in our history
- In 3 wars instead of 2 and about to be a 4th with Syria
- Gitmo still open
- More companies have filed bankruptcy than anytime in our history
- 25% increase in home foreclosures
- Under Obamacare women can only get pap smears every 4 years instead of annually
- Under obamacare mamograms every 3 years instead of annually
- The real war on women

George B said...

You're correct on all those topics. How would you like to be a Delphi worker, close to retirement, and Obama kills your pension because you're non-union? How devastating is that!