Thursday, September 17, 2009

China Understands and We're Clueless

It wasn't but a week ago that I said, by killing our moon program, the Obama Administration was missing an inexpensive opportunity to prove to the world that we are the true leader in high technology.

As of this morning, this viewpoint was substantiated, in an indirect way, by this news article: "China says will push space programme to catch West".

From that article, I need only point to this quote from China's Vice Minister Of Science and Technology, Li Xueyong, to further my opinion:

"I believe a space programme represents a country's high technology and I believe China has already become a major country in high technology...Our success shows not only the progress of the space programme but also our overall level of science and technology..."

No comments: