Thursday, September 3, 2009

Massachusetts: Jackbooting the Swine Flu!

Get the swine flu and you just might be dragged out of your home, in the dead of night, by the police or the National Guard.

In the case of any pandemic emergency, people could be arrested and be forced to take unwanted vaccinations. If sick, they will have to accept voluntary isolation or be physically forced to do so by fines or by strong-arm techniques. In fact, a dying child could be literally taken away from his or her parents and allowed to die without them ever being by their side.

While you might be saying or thinking "Not In America!" -- think twice. There is a Massachusetts law that is very close to being passed that could give the Governor the ability to do jthat. It is working its way through the legislature and it could very quickly be the law (Click to See Full Story: "Mass. Health Bill Would Allow Warrantless Arrests, Quarantines").

While I realize that desperate times need drastic measures, I find it outrageous that the left-wing news media isn't completely outraged by the particulars of this law. I will venture to bet that every single Democrat in the Massachusetts State House is absolutely livid over the waterboarding of less than 4 terrorists by our CIA and the Bush Administration. Yet, I'll bet that not one of them sees anything wrong with this jackboot handling of any major medical emergency.

A long, long time ago, I learned to bite my tongue before I ever said "Now I've seen everything!" I guess losing your rights is only losing your rights when it is Republicans doing the taking.

Image by designwallah's photostream on Flickr with Creative Commons Licensing. Some rights retained. (Click to View Other Works).

No comments: