Thursday, July 17, 2008

Not Drilling For Oil on 68 Million Acres

Let me, as simply as possible, state an argument that is buried within two of my recent blog entries regarding the 68 million acres of federal land that the Democrats say the oil companies aren't drilling on. I think it says it all!

"The" oil companies don't want high oil prices. They want supplies to be high through as much drilling as possible and, subsequently, prices to be low. If prices continue to be too high, these oil-dependent companies could ultimately go out of business. That's because any and all alternatives to oil would then become economically viable.

For this reason, it is the Democrats and the environmentalists/conservationists who "really" want high oil prices.

Can I be any clearer?!!!

Here are my two blog entries on the subject:
"Where "Does" Exxon Mobil Get It's Oil?" (See Full Story)
"68 Million "Acre" Lie" (See Full Story)

No comments: